The Cotton Expert House Africa (CHA) is a private sector-driven, non-profit organization that seeks to support sustainability in the African cotton sector and the textile industry. We see ourselves as a platform for all industry stakeholders to facilitate exchange, share knowledge and learning experiences, and request technical support and practical solutions.
At the Cotton Expert House Africa, we combine strong in-house expertise and up-to-date market information with a large professional network of sector and regional experts. With this, we are able to respond to individual requests for support such as education, training and piloting of innovations.
In partnership with cotton companies, that provide farmers with access to information, skills training, extension and innovation, we support the adoption of sustainable production and management practices, based on a standard neutral approach. This builds the foundation for a stable cotton production, improved chances for national, regional and international sales markets und thereby strengthens the economic development of rural areas in Africa. Aspects that are important to improve the living conditions of a large number of smallholder farmers in cotton-based production systems in Africa, now and in the future.
In the course of a succession planning we are looking for an entrepreneurially thinking and resilient manager with sound professional experience as Managing Director.
• Management, coordination and strategic development of all CHA business areas in close cooperation with the advisory board and the shareholders
• Securing and expanding the high quality standard in advisory services and support activities of CHA
• Development of concepts for innovative service provision
• Forward-looking personnel planning and development, as well as employee-oriented personnel management
• Financial planning and reporting
• Expansion and maintenance of existing networks with the diverse partners of CHA in Africa and worldwide, in particular with Africa stakeholders of the cotton and textile industry, sustainability standards and sector organizations
• Fundraising, acquisition and coordination of grant contracts supporting CHA activities
What we expect:
• You have a business management or agronomic degree and a minimum of 10 years of practical experience in the private sector
• You have professional experience in the cotton and preferably in the textile industry, ideally with regard to sustainable production
• You have work experience in Africa and/or other development regions
• You are open and sensitive in dealing with entrepreneurs and farmers in developing countries and you are committed to the principles of sustainable development
• You have a good knowledge of organizational, legal, administrative and business management topics for managing a non-profit enterprise
• You have experience in a leading position and the management of employees.
• You are strong in developing pursuing ideas and developing concepts, intercultural communication, a team player and a participative manager with a strong sense of responsibility
• You are flexible and willing to travel frequently in Africa and Europe
• You have professional language skills in English and French - German language skills would be an asset
What this job offers you:
• Taking the lead in managing a new and successful non-profit sector support organization in an international context
• An interesting area of responsibility with a long-term perspective and adequate remuneration
• A wide and diverse context of intervention
• A corporate culture characterized by great commitment and professionalism
• A great European and African team looking forward to work with you
• Committed shareholders and a network of professional partner organizations
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Location of the project office is Hamburg, Germany but we are open to discuss other proposals.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director for Cotton Expert House Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.