Our client, who is a developer and operator of world-class industrial ecosystems in Africa, is looking to appoint a Business Head for their flagship company in timber in Gabon. The business is one of the leading timber suppliers in Africa as well as internationally. To further grow this business, we are looking for candidates with strong experience in timber or other related wood products.
The Business Head will be responsible for developing and executing the commercial and sales activities of the subsidiary in new markets. The Business Head ideally has a background in logistics, sourcing, processing, and distribution of timber or related wood products as this role works closely with the operations teams to ensure a seamless and robust operation on the ground.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Managing and growing the timber Business Unit within the Gabon cluster. This entails picking up existing operations and growing this profitable timber business for the global market.
• P+L responsibilities, monitor, anticipate, and respond to changing market conditions to proactively grow the timber business unit. Manage the business based on market intelligence, in-depth knowledge of customers and insightful and creative strategic planning.
• Ensure the development of strategic business plans and budgets that meet or exceed set goals while optimizing market share. Prioritize and focus the business direction and energy on those activities that will ensure sustained commercial and operational success as well as profitable returns on investment.
• Lead teams in the development of executable plans. Optimize brand positioning, market share, pricing, packaging improvements, distribution, communications, and customer segmentation.
• Develop an in-depth as well as practical understanding of customer needs and challenges within the timber industry, by championing a customer-focused environment.
• Be responsible for accurate forecasts of the timber business portfolio in relation to sourcing, demand, and planning.
• The Business Unit Head needs to be a leader within the business; while actively coaching and developing people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value to suppliers and customers.
• Manage finance and HR departments, following local rules and regulations, tax systems and reporting.
• Stakeholder management with governments, investors and management within the cluster of Gabon.
• Oversees and manages export / import activities.
• You have strong commercial sales experience within the timber/related wood products industry with a focus on new markets
• You have a strong finance background and as well as general management experience in the industry
• You are an exceptional team-leader with proven organizational skills
• You are hands-on and proactive
• You are adventurous and make the most of opportunities in challenging environments
• You are fluent in English (French would be beneficial)
• Problem solving abilities within a fast-paced, growing business
• Stakeholder management within a culturally diverse environment
• Strong decision making and negotiation skills
Are you interested in becoming a Business Head for this Timber business in Gabon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.