Our client in food processing is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager with experience in the food and beverage manufacturing industry to join their team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Targets and deliverables
▪ Successful management of marketing, sales, and distribution department (processes and team)
▪ Successful preparation and implementation of annual strategy for marketing, sales, and distribution, driven by data analysis
▪ Realization of revenues as per company targets
▪ Acquisition of market share as per company targets
▪ Acquisition of retail customers (supermarkets, minimarkets, souks, other) as per company targets
▪ Strategic development of distributors
▪ Effective execution of product distribution operations from factory and/or warehouse to customers
▪ Effective execution of sales operations (financial, administrative, and planning)
▪ Effective execution of marketing operations (campaigns, promotions, etc.)
▪ Successful development of a strong consumer brand (branding)
▪ Measuring and reporting of marketing & sales performance
▪ Planning of marketing & sales operations
▪ Effective cooperation with other departments, especially finance (reporting) and production (planning and forecasting)
▪ Successful development of knowledge base regarding market trends and developments, consumers, retailers, distributors, competitors, etc.
Reporting to: General Manager
Supervision of marketing, sales, and distribution department (growing up to 30 fte), specifically sales executives, sales administrator, and distribution manager
Place of work: Addis Ababa, with trips in and outside of Addis Ababa as required
Requirements Education: minimum BA degree in Business Management, Marketing or Economics (or comparable)
Experience: minimum 5 years of relevant work experience for a private organization in a sales & marketing role in FMCG Sector (e.g., snacks, food, beverages) of which minimum 2 years in a managerial position. Experience in a multinational organization is mandatory. Candidates with specific experience in sales & marketing to retail customers are preferred.
Technical skills: fluent in English (speaking and writing), analytically strong, strong computer skills, strategic thinker, very good planner, structured worker, very strong communications skills.
Social skills: proven leadership skills, able to motivate and drive marketing & sales department, able to convince customers and colleagues, able to adapt and show leadership under challenging circumstances, good networker, serious and hard-working, eager to learn, good feedback mentality, creativity skills, taking responsibility & accountability.
Entrepreneurial skills: proven ability and experience to set up a business (unit), preferably a marketing & sales department, flexible and autonomous leader, leading by example and actively involved in operations.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Manager (Food and Beverage) Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.