General Manager Interlakes International School
Fancy a challenge in Africa?
Interlakes International School is looking for a new General Manager to work with local management to lead this dynamic school in Ethiopia.
The General Manager is responsible for the operations of the organization;
● Managing a team of sixty people (from principal to cleaners);
● Financial policy development and implementation;
● Policy development and implementation;
● Evaluation and further development of education;
● Contact and consultation moments with government, parent council, etc.
● Christian philosophy of life;
● Minimum college level of work and thinking;
● Management skills demonstrated by experience and/or training;
● Financially literate;
● Teaching experience is a plus;
● Good English language skills, oral and written;
● Politically sensitive to different cultures and government;
● Decisive, strategic thinking and flexible;
● Willing to learn about and participate in local culture.
Interlakes International School is an elementary school with an international character in Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, 40 kilometers south of the capital Addis Ababa. Interlakes provides quality education to over 400 children aged 3 to 14 from the local and international community and works largely with Ethiopian teachers. The school is currently being expanded to double classrooms - including the construction of additional classrooms.
What do we offer?
● Challenging, versatile position as General Manager in an Ethiopian/international context;
● The opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to improve education in Africa;
● Free housing;
● Appropriate salary;
● Reimbursement of various expenses (insurance, pension, airfare, etc);
● If desired, there are emphatic opportunities to work as a married couple at the school.
If this appeals to you, please send your application to Alita Walhout (secretary St. Friends of Interlakes) email@example.com
For questions, please contact Tim Veldman (0031625001842) or Hans Walhout (0031612450784).