Florensis Ethiopia is specialized in the growing of mother stock to produce high quality cuttings. We are producing a wide range of annuals, perennials and biannuals. Florensis Ethiopia is producing cuttings from 15 hectares of greenhouses. The organisation employs 700 permanent employees and is increasing during high-season to approximately 900 employees.
What does your job as Operations Manager at Florensis entail?
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational and growing activities at Florensis Ethiopia and takes care that operations are run efficiently and effectively. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its customers on time in the right quantities. You are steering an experienced operational management team at an inspiring and motivated way. You will report directly to the general manager and be able to deputize him during absence.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
• Motivating and coaching a team of Production Managers and Senior Supervisors;
• Ensure availability and delivery of high-quality cuttings to customers;
• You make sure that all operational departments are running smoothly and efficiently;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Being end-responsible for all kind of planning activities regarding mother plants;
• Responsible for maintaining the internal and external quality systems at Florensis Ethiopia;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to the production of cuttings.
What do we require from you as a Operations Manager?
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the same area;
• You have strong communication skills and are an integrative team player;
• Experience in production of cuttings is a pre;
• You have strong managerial skills, and ability to lead and influence at an executive level with respect to the Ethiopian culture;
• Experience with a management position in an African country is preferred;
• You are able to indicate clear goals and are able to motivate others to achieve them;
• Customer oriented in thinking and method;
• You have an excellent knowledge of the English language;
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible attitude and have excellent analytical and time management skills;
• You are prepared to establish in Ethiopia.
What can you expect from us?
We are offering you a challenging, autonomous and responsible job within a dynamic, international organisation, which profits from short communication lines and a cooperative, no-nonsense work environment. Florensis also offers a competitive salary with attractive benefits. Florensis will provide you with plenty of room for personal growth and development. In addition, Florensis has a large team of enthusiastic and motivated colleagues!
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.