Summary of the role
To head and fully manage all aspects of a business operation including people management, trading, finance, and logistics.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To design, develop and implement the strategic plan for the company.
• Day-to-day running of the company and developing plans growth of the company.
• Set a plan to grow the customers’ and suppliers’ database.
• Manage the supply chain cycle end-to-end.
• Recruit required personnel for the Representative Office
• Establish links with exporters with a view to enable trading opportunities to be established
• Develop relationships with government, regulatory and local authorities.
• Together with others within the organization establish supply chains for specific company clients
• To manage the Representative Office personnel
• To assist the and support the crop survey efforts of the company.
• To gather information about the Ethiopian coffee value chain that will assist the company in making trading decisions
• To support the trading of Ethiopian coffees in terms of logistics, documentation and quality control
• Efficiently managing staff, customers, and other resources to enhance profitability of the company.
• Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
• Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
• maintain a collaborative relationship with the local government authorities and industry stakeholders.
Qualifications and Education
• Bachelor in business diploma or equivalent.
• Preferably post graduate diploma in management.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position
• Experience in a commodity company is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of coffee business and other ingredients.
• Knowledge in international trade, logistics and freight regulations.
• Can read, understand and analyze financial statements (P&L, cash flow, balance sheet,) and ratios (EBITDA to sales, ROE, ROI...)
• People management, recruitment, coaching development and people empowerment.
• Excellent IT Knowledge in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and accounting systems.
• Communication - able to communicate and persuade customers, team members and other stakeholders from different backgrounds.
• Problem solving - Clearly define situations and resolve complicated and delicate issues patiently.
• Strategic thinking- visionary, thinks long term and short term, able to set a vision for the company and SMART Goals.
• Business oriented – have always in mind the end results and the company growth.
• Analytical – able to analyze data, situations and figures.
• Organization - able to set clear processes, prioritize and plan tasks.
• Confidentiality - deal with sensitive, private and confidential matters.
• Integrity - honest and has high level of ethics.
• Attention to Detail - meticulous and careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability – reliable and responsible in fulfilling obligations.
• Lead by example and act as a role model by displaying courtesy, respect and cooperative attitude, embraces diversity.
• An excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of other languages of area of operation is an asset.
• Knowledge of French is a plus.
• Ability to set and reach ambitious business objectives.
• The job is located in Addis Ababa but will involve traveling to meet with clients.
Are you interested in becoming a Supply Chain Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.