Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions. We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
To strengthen our water and sanitation international development team we are looking for an experienced Water/wastewater Team Leader who can lead a project based Technical Assistance team in Egypt, taking management responsibility for team activities and outputs and ensuring that all TA team members perform their tasks to the required standard.
Leading a Water/Wastewater Technical Assistance team, based in Egypt, taking management responsibility for team activities and outputs and ensuring that all TA team members perform their tasks to the required standard:
- Advise and assist in all aspects of assessment of water and sanitation services delivery
- Advise and assist the Project Director regarding coordination of project activities and customer relationship management, as well as potential business development activities in the region
- Manage the preparation of detailed engineering designs and associated contract and procurement documents
- Management the implementation of construction works/procurement plan;
- Preparation of capital investment plans,
- Develop and implement overall Program capacity building plan and materials;
- Maintain liaison with relevant stakeholders and agencies
- Take overall responsibility for preparing a consolidated annual work plan and budget
- Develop a Project Implementation Manual as a set of guidelines for project implementation
- Take charge of implementation and supervision of project quality control system;
- Supervise and update the project monitoring and evaluation system
The Team Leader must have Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications, a Master degree or PhD would be an advantage.
They should have at least 20 years of professional experience in water and sanitation and in international development projects.
The Team Leader should have a proven track record in leading large consultancy projects, in project/programme management, technical advisory services and experience with capacity building and institutional reform.
Experience in the Middle East/North Africa is an advantage, as well as knowledge of Arabic, would be an advantage
Are you interested in becoming a Team Leader - Water & Sanitation in Egypt? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.