IDC, the leading global IT and telecoms market research and advisory firm, is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to support research activities for its vertical research in META region. The position is located in Cairo, Egypt at IDC Egypt.
- Update and maintain Vertical Spending Guide (bi-annual) and Vertical Markets database (annual).
- Support all the verticals work related to all the other Spending Guides (deadlines spread throughout the year; calls almost every week)
- Closely work with the various programs in IDC META region to conduct verticals research. The main activities include collecting data from the programs, consolidating and reviewing them, understanding the market trends, and updating the verticals database. Work in close co-operation with the verticals/Insights market research team based in CEMA HQ (Prague).
- Develop market understanding through primary and secondary research which includes activities such as monitoring and analyzing industry news and articles, interviewing of local and international firms, attending press and other public conferences, and attending vendor briefings.
- Publish multiple vertical market reports annually as per standard IDC research practices.
- Conduct and contribute to custom verticals research and data cuts and act as a shared resource for consulting projects.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong data skills – data analysis, modelling etc.
- An understanding of IT and related technologies
- Business writing skills
- Expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word software packages.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- 5-6 years of work experience in IT or financial services research related jobs/companies
- Graduation/Post Graduation in IT/Business Administration
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.