For an upcoming programme in Somaliland, Mott MacDonald is looking for an experienced TEAM LEADER.
Background of the programme
The public servants in Somaliland are supported by the Civil Service Commission and the Civil Service Institute. These organisations provide services in the field of HR and Personal Development. The Government of Somaliland is currently preparing a Civil Service Strengthening Project with support from the World Bank. The project has the following objectives:
- Review and improve HR policies, processes and procedures for recruitment, HR management and evaluation of performance.
- Support the Civil Service Commission (CSC) on HR related tasks for all positions under the Talent Management Programme (TMP), including support for preparation of TOR for consultants on HR related assignments, job descriptions for TMP and project related positions, recruitment, selection, contracting, on-boarding and performance appraisal.
- Support development and implementation of an institutional development strategy for strengthening HR capacity in line ministries.
- Support Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and CSC to establish and operate a Graduate Recruitment and Talent Management Program (GRTMP).
Tasks of the Team Leader
- Lead the development and implementation of the HR firm work plan.
- Responsible for meeting the outputs in the TOR.
- Responsible for reporting on the TMP performance.
- Assisting the recruitment process to establish the TMP in the CSC.
- Assist to identify priority positions within key ministries and agencies.
- Lead on the strategic aspects of the HR firm work plan, such as advising and assisting the CSC with appropriate processes to source, recruit, select, place and maintain suitable TMP recruits into priority positions and the development of a strategy for strengthening of HR line units, assist in building teams in the civil service and establishing professional cadres.
- The specialist will be responsible for overall transfer of knowledge to the counterpart.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree with specialization on HR/public administration or relevant field; minimum experience of 10 years in government HR processes including in similar environments.
- Shall be responsible for timely submission of the reports.
- Experience working in a post conflict environment.