For an upcoming programme in Somaliland, Mott MacDonald is looking for an experienced TALENT MANAGEMENT AND RECRUITMENT SPECIALIST a.i.
Background of the programme
The public servants in Somaliland are supported by the Civil Service Commission and the Civil Service Institute. These organisations provide services in the field of HR and Personal Development. The Government of Somaliland is currently preparing a Civil Service Strengthening Project with support from the World Bank. The project has the following objectives:
- Review and improve HR policies, processes and procedures for recruitment, HR management and evaluation of performance.
- Support the Civil Service Commission (CSC) on HR related tasks for all positions under the Talent Management Programme (TMP), including support for preparation of TOR for consultants on HR related assignments, job descriptions for TMP and project related positions, recruitment, selection, contracting, on-boarding and performance appraisal.
- Support development and implementation of an institutional development strategy for strengthening HR capacity in line ministries.
- Support Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and CSC to establish and operate a Graduate Recruitment and Talent Management Program (GRTMP).
Tasks of the Talent Management and Recruitment Specialist
- Assist and advise the CSC team in the identification, shortlisting, selection, onboarding, training, coaching and support to TMP recruits in ministries and agencies and assist in the establishment of the overall graduate recruitment and talent management program.
- Lead performance appraisal of TMP staff and their teams;
- Support development of HR units in line ministries. The specialist(s) will be responsible for transfer of knowledge in this area to CSC counterparts.
- Support the CSC to manage career trajectories of TMP staff and their teams including appropriate training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Master’s Degree in HR/public administration or related field;
- At least 7 years of experience in public sector organizational learning, development and coaching programs;
- Knowledge and experience in implementing graduate recruitment/internship programs in the public sector;
- Experience working in a post conflict environment