For an upcoming programme in Somaliland, Mott MacDonald is looking for an experienced HR Business Process Expert.
Background of the programme
The public servants in Somaliland are supported by the Civil Service Commission and the Civil Service Institute. These organisations provide services in the field of HR and Personal Development. The Government of Somaliland is currently preparing a Civil Service Strengthening Project with support from the World Bank. The project has the following objectives:
- Review and improve HR policies, processes and procedures for recruitment, HR management and evaluation of performance.
- Support the Civil Service Commission (CSC) on HR related tasks for all positions under the Talent Management Programme (TMP), including support for preparation of TOR for consultants on HR related assignments, job descriptions for TMP and project related positions, recruitment, selection, contracting, on-boarding and performance appraisal.
- Support development and implementation of an institutional development strategy for strengthening HR capacity in line ministries.
- Support Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and CSC to establish and operate a Graduate Recruitment and Talent Management Program (GRTMP).
Tasks of the HR Business Process Expert
- Lead support in the areas of HR policies, systems, processes and practices as stated in the terms of reference.
- Ensure that all fields relevant to HR policies and processes are delivered including recruitment and promotion policies and procedures, performance management policies and procedures, training policy and programs, compensation and benefits, personnel welfare and leave, occupational health and safety, civil service legal framework issues, and grievance management in the civil service, etc.
- Master’s Degree in HRM/public administration or relevant field; minimum experience of 7 years in HRM practice.
- Experience working in a post conflict environment.