Our client is a global logistics service provider that has over 30 years of experience in chartering, forwarding, liner agency, project logistics, warehousing & distribution. Their head office is in Europe, they work from multiple country offices globally.
For their office in Djibouti they are looking for a high potential Junior Manager with strong focus on Business Development and sales. The Business Development manager builds the companies market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with international companies doing business in Djibouti and Ethiopia. The core activity will be in (project) forwarding & transit.
• Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• 3-7 yrs. experience in sales and / or business development
• Background in logistics (forwarding, special transport)
• Project management
• Should know branch terminology
Enthusiastic, Energetic, Bush proof, go(al)-getter, Self-starter, Flexible, Opportunist, Prospecting / Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Professionalism
The company offers
• Possibility for growth into other regional offices
• Local contract in Djibouti
• Accommodation, tickets, international insurance and a car
• Bonus structure
• Start date before Nov 1st
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Manager in Djibouti? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.