About the company
We bring power to the people! Our mission is to provide reliable, affordable and sustainable access to energy in regions that do not have this today. We offer an innovative turnkey solution that relies on the most efficient, affordable and sustainable source of energy: Hydropower. Together with our trusted partners, we develop small hydro power plants that harvest the power of running water and then transform it into electricity for rural households in developing countries. We believe that electricity will be the engine towards welfare and growth in rural Africa.
We are a dynamic start-up company in the renewable energy sector developing both on-grid as off-grid renewable energy projects. We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to establish and run our new office in DRC. This includes Operations management, Sales & Project development, Finance/Admin/HR management.
Reach out to us with your application and motivation letter!
Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Engineering
Experience level: Mid-level
Experience length: Min. 5 years
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up the Hydrobox DRC operations including office set-up (office location, furniture, facilities), recruitment of initial staff, accounting, payroll, logistics, … and coordinate day-to-day management.
- Interface between various stakeholders, including upper management, regulatory agencies, customers, and suppliers and keep them informed of developments, seeking advice and counsel.
- Develop & implement processes and oversee implementation.
- Establish, update and monitor in-process and output measures.
- Prepare regular reports for management detailing operational performance, efficiency metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers, technicians, operators, and other staff members. Provide direction, training, and support to ensure that team members are performing their tasks effectively and efficiently.
Sales & Project development
- Identify potential hydro power generation projects through customer engagement, site visit and data collection. Liaise with the back office in Kenya for assessment of the potential projects.
- Prepare commercial presentations and proposals as assigned in close collaboration with the management team.
- Prepare contracts with partners, suppliers, and clients for review with management.
- Initiate and follow through on permits & license applications.
- Oversee DRC project execution by managing timelines, budgets, resources, optimizing all processes within the company to maximize production output while minimizing operational costs.
Finance, Admin & HR
- Monitor budget versus actuals at the end of each month and generate reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all legal and tax requirements.
- Install controls to ensure all daily operations happen in line with our company principles & values, professionalism & quality expectations, tax and legal obligations.
- Procurement of supplies for the operating sites
- Coordinate and follow through on inbound and outbound logistics.
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Engineering
- Bilingual in French & English. Swahili or Lingala is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint and Word is a must
- You have proven to be successful in operational support roles and can provide 2 references from your previous employer(s)
- Experience in renewable energy is a plus
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Opportunity to grow along with the company and take more senior responsibilities.
- Competitive salary.
If you know this is a role you would succeed in, apply using the link: https://bit.ly/3OS4BCJ