Company profile general:
Our client started two steel processing plants in Pointe Noire August 2014. They collect steel scrap locally and process the steel used in reinforced concrete. They deliver to their local customers by road. Their customers exist of wholesale and reselling points as well as construction companies directly.
The two factories have different processes. One uses a cold rolling process, the other a hot melting process.
One of the 3 owners of the company is currently managing the company, which is one of more in their family owned business, and are looking for an experience General Director to take over the management for one of the factories. He / she will be given carte blanche in order to set up processes and make it into a modern type company, ready for growth.
- Reporting to: Owner, who is currently filling this position
- Size of team: 10 in office, 65 in factory
- Structure of team: It is a new organisation, the structure needs to be set up and managed
- Culture: Family owned, ambitious
- 1st year challenge: To set up a company structure including processes and SOP’s read for growth.
- Tasks: Little of everything, Production planning, Deliveries, Logistics, Finance, Procurement, Administration, Business Development
- 10+ years’ in industrial processing or production environment
- 5+ years’ as Administration / GM for a mid to large sized company
- French language
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of steel processing
- (West) Africa experience
- Negotiable, depending on candidate’s experience
Start date a.s.a.p.