Our client, who is a developer and operator of world-class industrial ecosystems in Africa, is looking to appoint a Business Head for their Meat business based in Chad.
The business in Chad is to be set up to become the leading meat supplier in country as well as the region. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with solid experience in the cattle and red meat industry.
The Business Head needs experience in logistics, sourcing, processing, and distribution. The Business Head will also be responsible for developing the commercial and sales activities of the subsidiary by implementing the cluster’s commercial strategy as well as ensuring a seamless and robust operation on the ground.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Setting up and managing the Meat Business Unit within the Chad cluster. This entails picking up existing operations and building a profitable meat business for the local market in Chad as well as the export market to neighbouring countries.
• P+L responsibilities, monitor, anticipate, and respond to changing market conditions to proactively grow the meat business unit. Manage the business based on market intelligence, in-depth knowledge of customers and insightful and creative strategic planning
• Ensure the development of strategic business plans and budgets that meet or exceed set goals while optimizing market share. Prioritize and focus the business direction and energy on those activities that will ensure sustained commercial and operational success as well as profitable returns on investment.
• Lead teams in the development of executable plans. Optimize brand positioning, market share, pricing, packaging improvements, distribution, communications, and customer segmentation.
• Develop an in-depth as well as practical understanding of customer needs and challenges within the meat industry, by championing a customer-focused environment.
• Be responsible for accurate forecasts of the meat business portfolio in relation to sourcing, demand, and planning.
• The Business Unit manager needs to be a leader within the business; while actively coaching and developing people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value to suppliers and customers.
• Manage finance and HR departments, following local rules and regulations, tax systems and reporting.
• Stakeholder management with governments, investors and management within the cluster of Chad.
• Oversees and manages export / import activities.
• You have 10 to 15 years of relevant general management experience within the meat industry
• You have commercial insights in the meat business.
• You are commercially driven
• You are an exceptional team-leader with proven organizational skills
• You are hands-on and proactive
• You are adventurous and make the most of opportunities in challenging environments
• You are fluent in English - French and / or Arabic is a plus.
• Problem solving skills
• Stake holder management
• Team spirit
• Culturally savvy
• Decision making skills
• Negotiation skills
• Values and ethics driven
• Problem solving skills
Are you interested in becoming a Business Head for this Meat business in Chad? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.