The Working Group for Development Aid is the personnel service of the German Catholics for development cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer specialists the opportunity for a meaningful service in cooperation with local development actors. The ZFD is the program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. It advocates a world in which conflicts are settled without violence.CPS experts support local partner organizations in all phases of conflicts: in conflict prevention, violence reduction, and post-conflict rehabilitation. Together with church and civil society partners in the Central African Republic, the AGEH wants to make a contribution to civil conflict transformation through the CPS's peacebuilding measures.
In order to support the establishment of Justitia-et-Pax commissions at parish level and to accompany their peace work, we are looking for a:
Project Manager (m/f) for Conflict Transformation, Berbérati, Central African Republic
Your new field of activity
Since the end of 2014, the Berbérati region has been considered a safe zone within the Central African Republic. The return of mostly Muslim refugees from Cameroon, who sought refuge there during the riots between 2010 and 2014, holds potential for conflict. Conflicts arise from the general hatred towards members of the Muslim religion and from the ownership claims that the returnees make on their former businesses, farms or other possessions. The aim is to deepen the existing dialogue approaches and to strengthen cooperation between the cross-border dioceses of Bertoua (Cameroon) and Berbérati in resolving these conflicts.
The Commission Diocésaine Justice et Paix (CDJP) Berbérati needs support in strengthening cooperation with the national Commission Justice et Paix (CEJP) and the regional representation of the Central African Interreligious Understanding Forum. Cautiousness and prudence are necessary in order to accompany those responsible in building sustainable relationships and structures.
In detail, you will take on the following tasks:
• You will organise measures for the training and further education of employees in conflict-sensitive project management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Together with the diocesan Justitia-et-Pax Commission, You establish peace structures at parish level.
• You advise the diocesan Justitia-et-Pax Commission on the establishment of sustainable dialogue forums and on networking.
• You advise on the development of strategies for generating one's own income.
• You ensure the proper disbursement and administration of funds locally in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of the AGEH. You work in partnership with the partner organisation.
• You have a university degree relevant to development cooperation (political sciences, social sciences, social pedagogy, social work) and at least two years' professional experience, ideally gained outside Europe.
• In addition, you have further competences in the fields of human rights work, refugee work, civil conflict management, mediation and psychosocial work.
• You have sound knowledge of organisational development, quality management, project management and M&E.
• You have already successfully taken on training measures and advisory tasks.
• You have diplomatic skills, intercultural communication skills for working in partnership and can act appropriately in the church environment.
• You are prepared to travel under simple conditions.
• You speak French, English and German very well, are ideally an EU citizen or Swiss citizen and belong to a Christian church.
The offer of the AGEH
• individual and comprehensive preparation, including internal and external safety and security training
• Three-year contract, social security and remuneration under the Development Aid Act
• regional, linguistic or other professional further training as well as coaching and supervision offers, individual consultation
• Working with the AGEH active model
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in CAR? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.