Specialist in advocacy work for internally displaced persons (m/f/x), Yaoundé, Cameroon
AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for development cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (ZFD), we offer professionals the opportunity for meaningful service in cooperation with local development actors. The ZFD is a personnel program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. It works for a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil society partner organizations in Kenya, AGIAMONDO wants to contribute to civil conflict management there and to the sustainable just development of the country through peacebuilding measures.
To support the network of catholic religious communities in Cameroon "Association Foi et Justice" we are looking for a
Specialist in advocacy work for internally displaced persons (m/f/d), Yaoundé, Cameroon
Your new field of activity
The Cameroon branch of the "Association Foi et Justice" is a network in Africa founded by religious congregations and aims to contribute to the resolution and transformation of conflicts exacerbated by migratory movements of internally displaced persons and to overcome the social consequences. General information on the Africa Europe Faith and Justice Network can be found here.
The position aims to ensure the sustainable establishment of the observation teams in different regions in order to obtain first-hand information on the situation of IDPs in Cameroon. The aim is to initiate a social change that will sustainably improve coexistence with the original population. In this context, the partner organization is the only organization in our program working on the thematic complex of climate and peace.
The coordination includes the following tasks:
- You advise and support the advocacy work of the partner organization and thus contribute to peaceful coexistence as well as peaceful conflict resolution between IDPs and the original population.
- You will train your colleagues in participatory advocacy techniques and adult education.
- You support the creation of effective and sustainable advocacy campaigns.
- You will accompany the monitoring of the campaigns and support and train the monitoring teams in the different regions (traveling).
- You will be responsible for the proper spending and management of funds in the field according to donor guidelines and Agiamondo requirements. In doing so, you will work in partnership with the partner organization.
- You have a university degree in political, social or communication sciences; professional experience in the African context is advantageous.
- You bring practical knowledge of structuring and implementing lobby and advocacy campaigns.
- You have experience in refugee and IDP work.
- You enjoy empowering people in their activities, accompanying them in their further development and bring practical experience in adult education.
- You belong to a Christian church, can act appropriately in a church environment and identify with Christian values.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland and speak English and French very well.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and comprehensive preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the Development Aid Act
- Further training in the country, language or other professional skills as well as coaching and supervision, individual counseling.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application in *pdf format (cover letter, Europass CV, certificates in *pdf format) by 22.01.2023 at the latest via our job portal.
Are you interested in becoming a Specialist in advocacy work in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.