Cameroon : Project Manager for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Douala, Cameroon, with regular trips to cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Preferred Candidates: Local and international jobseekers invited to apply
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Coordinate execution of sustainability activities in the field in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GIZ, and other community development NGO’s.
• Monitor progress of certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report to clients on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 1 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Excellent organizational skills and relationship management
• Extensive knowledge of Excel, experience with online tools (surveys, GIS) is a pre;
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Fluent in English and French and local language is a pre;
• Bush proof, you will spend a week per month with cocoa suppliers and on plantations
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.