The country manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Burundi office. You will be head of around 10 staff members.
You are expected to lead by example. On a daily basis The country manager manages the organization's projects, programmes and operations .
The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director and work closely with the regional team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Management
- Manage the overall programme and operations;
- Responsible for the country strategy and development of the projects in Burundi;
- Analyse political developments and hunanitarian needs in the country and the surrounding region;
- Making sure all programme activities comply with national and international laws and regulations.
- Listen and create dialogue with your team members;
- Support, Motivate and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes difficult situations;
- Oversee all HR related issues within the programme.
(Donor) Relations Management
- Develop and maintain contact with the representatives of important partners;
- Oversee all financial reports related to the programmes, together with the staff.
- Develop relationships with donors, media, other NGO's, authorities and embassies to identify funding opportunities;
- Overseeing the project budgets;
- Making sure controls are in place to prevent fraud.
- Oversee the implementation of security plans, guidelines and manuals in the country;
- Making sure security procedures are maintained throughout the country programme;
- Take the lead during security incidents or threats.
Requirements and Skills
- Fluent writing and speaking in French and English is a must;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong focus on deliviring results using available resources;
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management, Development Studies and / or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a similar position, level and within an NGO;
- Working experience in East-Africa, previous experience in Burundi is an advantage;
- A good understanding of the situation in the region;
- People manager and motivator;
- A problem solving person;
It is a full-time contract for at least 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Burundi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.