AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Working with church-related and civil-social partner organisations in the Great Lakes region, AGIAMONDO aims to make a contribution towards civil conflict management and the sustainable and equitable development of the region through peace-building measures.
To support the AGIAMONDO CPS regional programme in the Great Lakes region, we are looking for an Organisational developer, social scientist (m/fd), Bujumbura, Burundi to start as soon as possible.
Your new role
For decades, everyday life in the African Great Lakes region has been marked by political instability, armed conflicts and resource conflicts. In this environment, our partner organisations are courageously committed to strengthening civil-social engagement and peacefully resolving conflicts.
The CPS regional programme of AGIAMONDO supports numerous local peace and reconciliation initiatives in Burundi, Rwanda and the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo, both with civil society organisations and with partners from a church background. The focus of the Civil Peace Service programme of AGIAMONDO is to support those partner organisations in their initiatives of strengthening social cohesion and peaceful co-existence of communities in the region of the Great Lakes as well as their efforts at coming to terms and dealing with a violent past. As an organisational developer we offer you the opportunity to participate in this exciting programme, to get to know the region in depth as this position requires frequent travel within the region and to enhance regional cooperation among AGIAMONDO partners in the region. By supporting AGIAMONDO partner organisations in different fields of organisational development, you will contribute directly to those organisations‘ working more effectively and efficiently towards achieving their goals and that reconciliation and conflict transformation processes in Burundi, Rwanda and the eastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo are strengthened.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
• You will advise and support the partner organisations in the areas of personnel management, project management and strategy development and help to further strengthen the corresponding structures and processes in the organisations.
• You will train the staff of partner organisations in the acquisition of funds and, together with your colleagues, develop new financing concepts for the peace-building and reconciliation work of the partner organisations.
• You will offer further education courses, develop appropriate training concepts and host further training events.
• Within the regional programme, you will help to strengthen the exchange between the partner organisations and, working with the partner organisations, develop best practices.
• You will be responsible for the proper spending and management of funds locally in accordance with the donor and AGIAMONDO guidelines.
· You have completed a university degree in organisational development, social or educational sciences or a related field.
· You have several years of practical experience in organisational development and project management, ideally in an African context.
· You have experience in adult education and are used to creating further education processes, designing training concepts and developing appropriate teaching materials.
· You are interested in peace-building and reconciliation work and are prepared to familiarise yourself with the basics of this field of work as part of your preparations.
· You are fluent in French, verbally and in writing, and have a good command of English.
· You are an EU or Swiss citizen and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace-building work and are a member of the Catholic church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
• Individual and thorough preparation
• Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application via our job portal by 22.11.2020 at the latest.
Are you interested in becoming an Organisational Developer, Social Scientist in Burundi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.