We are recruiting a Managing Director in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The task at hand
Prime responsibility of the managing director is to continuously improve quality, volume and efficiency of the factory with his management team: finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering. The challenge is to develop a culture of continuous improvement, supported by structures and daily processes, further developing the team’s capabilities in problem solving, leadership, initiative to innovate. The managing director reports to the CEO and is supported by a local finance director, reporting to the CFO.
• Attaining production targets in terms of quality, volume and efficiency (measurable KPI’s);
• Sourcing of nuts from associated farmer groups;
• Monitoring and supporting the farmer training programs;
• Representing the company with local government institutions;
• Hosting customer visits as well as external auditors (finance, BRC, organic, fairtrade);
• Supporting, facilitating charity projects for the factory and/or the region;
Key requirements (preferable)
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics;
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial processing environment;
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus;
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean management;
• Experience or affinity with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both French and English;
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Agribusiness in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.