Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Benin and Burkina Faso, limited to the local cashew processing industry. Chain development has the priority, with strong focus on food crop production and processing. The farm has a capacity to process 1500 ton of biological, fair trade and conventional cashew nut kernels and they have about 300 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
For this factory, we are looking for an Jr. Operations Manager to replace the current Operations Manager on short notice. This person should be a young professional that is able to manage and motivate the team in the factory, affiliation with Africa and good planning and leadership skills.
The processing plant processes the raw nuts to be selected on different qualities for the European fair trade market. The right candidate will become the right hand of the General Manager. The role be seen as a traineeship in production management.
The position is part of the aspiration to become good performing in product buying, productivity, lean and profitable organisation and to fulfil the mission & vision of the company.
* To oversee and manage operations / production process
* Coordinates and initiates improvements on the quality processes
* Helps and supports the General Manager
* Responsible for operational processes and optimisation and internal controls
* Implement weekly KPI to measure performance
* Junior Manager with 2-3 yrs. of working experience in logistics, planning, production, warehousing
* Fluent in English, good understanding of French preferred
* Must be an adventurous person
* Good communication and people skills
* Enthusiastic, accurate
* Structured in work methodology
* Stress resistant and flexible
Start date is as soon as possible
Contract will be 6 months, option to extend to 1 year
Reporting to the General Manager in Benin or Burkina Faso
Size of team 300 employees indirect
Are you interested in becoming a Jr. Operations Manager in Benin and Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.