What will be your role?
By joining our client as Deputy Country Manager, your role will be crucial to develop growth in your country:
• Manage market P&L together with the General Manager
• Coordinate with the local Head of Operations, Head of Marketing, Head of Care and Office Manager
• Manage the team and the office: animate the team, ensure their happiness and motivation, communicate the action plans and make sure that the team performs them as cleanly as possible.
• Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost drivers & passengers base, rides, and revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space.
• Represent the company in the community, local media, and in communication with key city stakeholders
• Build and develop strong relationships with senior team members across the different teams and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
• Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
• Role based in Luanda, possibility to expand into other Angolan cities
What do you need?
• 4+ years of operations management and/or business consulting, proven in building and developing teams, optimizing processes, and defining business goals. Experience in African markets is key.
• A natural leader with 3+ years of people management experience: you have a high cultural and emotional intelligence, and proved the ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality
• Data-driven mindset, with strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, form and execute a strategy.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
• Excellent organization and time management
• Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams
• Fluent in English and Portuguese. Bonus if you speak French as well.
• Passion for Mobility topics and "shared economy"
Why would you join?
• The opportunity to grow along with the structure, as our client's operations in Africa are set to grow very quickly.
• You are taking part in an adventure that could change mobility in Africa
• Travel budget to go to the premises in Paris, regular Team events (lunches/ dinners, off-site, seminars)
• and finally, you join a united team of colleagues as cool as they are competent
Are you interested in becoming a Deputy Country Manager in Angola? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.