Security and/or Justice sector expert (m/f) - Various field positions in West, Central... Africa
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
International assistance increasingly operates in fragile countries and situations where security and rule-of-law issues become more and more important and challenging. Whilst promoting Belgium’s know-how in this area, Enabel has implemented interventions in the Security and Justice sector for many years.
Enabel is looking for several experts to take on an expert, advisory and management role in the implementation of the interventions of Enabel in the security and justice areas for the Belgian international cooperation in Enabel’s partner countries, primarily in West and Central Africa…
The expert is to join the team at Enabel’s Representation in the country of assignment and to contribute to the management of the intervention in close collaboration with the local partner.
The expert’s principal responsibilities are:
• Contribute to the implementation of the programme/intervention by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities;
• Provide the necessary technical input in one’s area of expertise;
• Organise knowledge building and knowledge management in one’s area of expertise;
• Capacity development of partner entities.
• You hold a Master’s degree in one or several of the following areas: social sciences (sociology, criminology...), political sciences, law, population sciences or economic sciences.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in one or several of the following topics related to security and justice: Support to the security and or judicial system, transitional justice, the rule of law, rights-based approach, conflict prevention, support to civil society…;
• Relevant field experience in development assistance projects in these areas is an asset.
Experience and competences required
• Good global understanding of the Security and Justice sectors and of the Security Sector Reform concept;
• Specific proved competence in topics such as community policing or justice, crisis management, judicial investigation…;
• Knowledge of common instruments and methods of development cooperation (Project Cycle Management, logical framework, monitoring and evaluation...) is an asset;
• Ability to work fully autonomously, to manage and complete multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and within deadline;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in French and/or English (depending on the place of assignment).
We offer you
Upon completion of the selection procedure, you enter our recruitment pool. Next, once a position is opened, we contact you and together we analyse the matching of the position with your profile. Where applicable, we offer you a contract for the term of the project. You will be assigned to the country in which the intervention is based. Interventions may cover several countries. Expert duties generally require field visits to be carried out to the country or region.
Monthly salary package: Category 2 (B417) – Expert, i.e. between 5 102,42 euros and 9 917,57 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience. The salary will be calculated in function of the number of years of relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expat benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
Are you interested in becoming a Security and/or Justice sector expert in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.