Project Manager Employability of Refugees and Vulnerable Youth (m/f/x) – Jordan
The objective of the intervention “Developing skills for employability of Syrian refugees and vulnerable youth in Jordan” (€5m) is to enhance employment outcomes in particular for Syrian and vulnerable Jordanian youth and women and more specifically to develop skills for semi-skilled workers in cooperation with the private sector. This intervention is a part of a larger programme, QUDRA II.
QUDRA II is the second phase of a large multi-country, multi-donor programme named “Qudra– Resilience for Refugees, Internally Displaced People (IDP), Returnees and Host Communities in response to the protracted Syrian and Iraqi Crises”. Qudra II is currently being implemented by five European development agencies: GIZ, the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), Expertise France, Hungarian Interchurch Aid, and Enabel (as Sub-grantee with GIZ), and jointly co-financed by the EU (Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, also referred to as EC Madad), Germany (BMZ) and Spain (AECID).
In Jordan, this is to be achieved through:
• Effective partnerships between vocational training institutions and private enterprises contributing to demand-driven and work-based vocational training,
• Training of 2000 Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian youth including 40% women, and
• Improving human resource management of private enterprises.
As Project Manager you are placed under the hierarchical authority of the Resident Representative of Enabel in Palestine and Jordan. You are guarantor of the achievement of the project’s result objectives.
- You are responsible for the good execution of the project (content, planning, budget, quality);
- You coordinate the realisation of the activities with a view of achieving the project objectives;
- You support the persons indicated to lead the change process;
- You contribute to capacity development of partner organisations such as: the Vocational Training Corporation (VTC), the National Employment and Training (NET) company, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Jordan Education for Employment (JEFE) and Future Pioneers for Empowering Communities (FPEC).
- You coordinate the learning process on how an intervention contributes to the development of the sector;
- You lead the team placed under your hierarchical responsibility;
- You ensure that relevant results information is available for monitoring and evaluation in order to allow monitoring of performance, decision-making, learning and reporting.
· Master’s degree.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in steering international development projects;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in advising capacity building of public VET and/or private sector involvement in VET;
• Experience in dialogue and sectoral coordination;
• Minimum one relevant professional experience outside your country of origin;
• An experience as team manager;
• Experience with grant’s management is an asset;
• Experience in several projects is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies;
• Thorough knowledge of the specific area of expertise;
• Monitoring and evaluation competences;
• You are result oriented;
• Acquaintances with VET in refugees or crisis settings is an asset;
• Knowledge of rights-based approach and gender mainstreaming is an asset;
• Considering the working language of Jordan and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required (spoken and written). A good working knowledge of Arabic would be a strong asset.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating job in an international environment.
• A contract until August 31 2023. You are based in Amman.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, (capped) coverage of housing expenses, a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The various amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here at the latest by 15/08/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager Employability of Refugees and Vulnerable Youth in Jordan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.