ZOA’s Programme in Yemen
In May 2012, ZOA decided to respond to the developing humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which started initially as an emergency response, but was extended given the continued severe situation. The main focus of the programme is to support conflict affected communities in their WASH, Food Security, livelihoods, Health, Nutrition, and NFI needs. Target areas are Hajjah, Hodeidah, al Mahwit, Sana’a, Aden, Lahj, and Shabwah governorates.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the realisation of project and programmatic goals within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions in Yemen.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Overall leadership and integral management responsibility to the area managers for at least two programme areas in the North of Yemen.
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme areas;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility;
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners.
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme areas, with annual review of needs for changes,
based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget
- (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme areas;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Command of operations;
- Analytical & writing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post;
- Duty station is Sana’a. Field visits only upon permission of the country director.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Nienke Maris, HR Officer, email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/programme-manager-yemen/.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.