Expert in Contracting (m/f/x) - Constitution of a pool for the Field
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
To further develop our activities we want to constitute a pool of applicants, members of which will be sent to the field as expatriates when a new project is signed.
As the International Contracting Expert you ensure adequate management of public procurement dossiers and other forms of contracting for the duration of the project (in particular for the support to editing the legal and administrative component). You are also responsible for putting in place adequate processes and control mechanisms and for developing tools that ensure quality work.
You have an advisory role in the programmes/interventions in the area of contracting. This may require you to assess administrative matters of different types of contracts, to formulate recommendations or assist a project officer in discussions and meetings on public procurement matters.
At the same time, you will have to organise knowledge building and knowledge management in the area of expertise concerned. You establish and develop relations with the Technical and Financial Partners intervening in this area, in coordination with the projects of the Belgian Development Cooperation that cover the same topics.
Throughout the project you contribute to partner entity capacity development.
· Master’s degree in Law, Management, Applied Economics or Finance, or Engineering.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in public procurement and/or grants management under Belgian and/or European regulations;
• Experience with (public procurement, grants...) contract systems and tools or administrative management;
• Every experience in contract management in a developing country is an asset.
Skills and knowledge required
• Very good knowledge of Belgian and/or European public procurement and grant legislation;
• Thoroughness, sense of responsibility, able to work autonomously, analytical skills;
• Excellent relational and diplomatic skills;
• Customer-friendly and support-focused;
• Team spirit (organisation and management of working groups) and conflict-resolving skills;
• Good working knowledge of current IT applications.
• Ease of expression in both speaking and writing in French or Dutch.
Very good verbal and written communication skills in French and English are also required since our interventions are carried out in contexts where either of these are the working language.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating and varied job in an organisation that is continuously evolving, that is recognised for the quality with which it implements development projects and that pays attention to its staff.
• Membership of our pool of applicants (for 3 years), which is relied on when a job is liberated or created, upon which we offer a contract for the term of the project in one of the countries where Enabel operates.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5) and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, coverage of housing expenses (capped), a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member, etc.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The various amounts are fixed in accordance with our rules and vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, family composition and the fiscal situation.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested in becoming an Expert in Contracting in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.