Administrative and Financial Officers (m/f/x) Recruitment reserve.
In view of rapid entry into office and assignment to remote regions (DR Congo, Tanzania, etc.).
To further develop its activities Enabel wishes to constitute a reserve of applicants, members of which will be sent to the field as expatriates when a new project or portfolio is signed; and this, in order to support the interventions (projects) under the framework of the Belgian bilateral cooperation and of third-party assignments (European Union...).
As Administrative and Financial Officer you are responsible for the management of the finance and administrative aspects of a Service Centre, which is set up to support project management for the entire portfolio of projects in the country (or region) in which you work.
Your tasks and duties:
• Be one of the pillars of the shared Finance and Contract service centres
• Manage the administration and finance team (recruitment, setting of objectives, performance meetings, competence paths…)
• Manage the budget and the financial reporting
• Ensure proper management of treasury and banking relationships
• Ensure effective management of small purchases, manage implementation of contracts and logistics (in collaboration with the contracting officer) in accordance with procedures and contractual obligations (public contracts…)
• Participate in the elaboration, management and control of the Grant Agreements
• Manage the fiduciary risks and put in place an efficient and effective internal control system, implement the actions plans resulting from audits and follow up on them
• Support the Representation, the programme and the interventions by providing one’s technical expertise (advice, sharing of experience, representing Enabel vis-à-vis others…)
• Capacity development of partner entities, where needed.
· Master’s degree in financial management, economics, auditing.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in financial management, risk management and auditing
- Proven experience in leadership and team management
- An international field experience as an expat, preferably within an international organisation, is an asset.
- Every experience in auditing, risk management or financial management in the public sector or in change management is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• You are passionate about managing figures and you are rigorous
• You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solutions- and results-oriented approach
• You are customer-friendly and support-focused
• You like to take the initiative and show to be proactive
• You like managing teams and have them evolve
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment
• You have a good knowledge of standard ICT applications
• You are fluent in spoken and written French or Dutch
Proficiency in French or English is also required, with at least passive knowledge of the other language.
You commit to respecting the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• Entry in our recruitment pool for a 3-year term.
Subsequently, you will be requested to express your interest when calls for applicants are launched for Administrative and Financial Officer job openings in our projects (simplified recruitment procedures).
The duration of the employment contracts is linked to the duration of the projects and/or portfolios following the agreements signed with the partner countries and/or the donors.
Indicatively, first job openings should be posted soon, namely for jobs in remote regions in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Bunia, Gemena, Mbuji-Mayi) and in Tanzania (Kigoma). These assignments are for a period of 24 months and can be renewed.
• For persons engaged for a specific job: A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and Enabel expat benefits such as a remoteness, assignment and hardship allowance, (capped) coverage of housing expenses, a moving compensation, an installation compensation, (capped) coverage of school expenses for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
• In case of expatriation without the (dependent) members of the family, up to six additional round-trip flight tickets to the country of origin or another destination (capped in accordance with Enabel rules).
The amounts vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function and family composition.
Following this procedure a recruitment reserve of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you willing to take on this challenge?
Apply here at the latest by 15/08/2022 and include your motivation letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming an Administrative and Financial Officer in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.