Our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long, sustainability program, with activities in coffee producing countries all over the world. Our goal is to be the leading supplier of sustainable coffee, ensuring that our roaster clients are able to meet their pledges on a wide range of topics from carbon emissions and resource management to living incomes for coffee farmers.
Your task is to lead the farm-level digitization strategy and global M&E department. Your goal is to design and implement a robust global data capture and reporting system to measure and evaluate the success of the company’s sustainability strategy. Using different tools, your team will be expected to maintain a performance dashboard of the major sustainability initiatives in the group, and to support global and local teams in analyzing farmer level performance metrics.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project manager and team leader who works very well in a multi-cultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in working in a complex matrix organization. You have a passion for data, technology and innovation but are fundamentally a very rigorous operator who understands the importance of standardized practices, good data and on-time reporting. In your previous jobs you have managed data and digital strategies in complex agricultural supply chains or rural development projects involving tens of thousands of households/stakeholders. You have experience managing remote and diverse teams.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of our mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Build up the global sustainability digitization, data management and reporting strategy and function for the company's sustainability strategy and deploy it out across all geographies
• Develop and maintain data governance protocols, including establishing metrics and data definitions, protocols for data collection and cleaning, data sharing and privacy, and reporting
• Deploy standardized data collection, aggregation and analytical tools across all global companies and establish mechanism to ensure that protocols are followed
• Build an internal sustainability data team including business analysts and data analysts to process, clean and analyze sustainability data and roll-out digitization strategy
• Collaborate with the MIS department to support the development of a data warehouse, including defining sustainability data architecture strategy
• In collaboration with subject matter experts develop models and dashboards to measure progress around impact goals (carbon, regenerative agriculture, deforestation, human rights)
• Be a lead advocate for supply chain digitization and the use of scalable digital technology as a tool to facilitate the company’s sustainability transformation
• Support the Head of Sustainability and other internal stakeholders in preparing data and reports for management, clients and banks
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, programing, statistical modelling, geographic information systems or a field related to data management
• Experience in designing data management systems for global projects or supply chains as a senior project lead
• Experience in building and managing teams for the purpose of managing data integrity and analysis
• Experience in data modelling and analysis
• Experience of living and working overseas in a professional role
• Passion for accuracy, data management systems, and data analysis
• Pragmatic individual who first and foremost knows how to interpret data and apply it to a business setting
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ, CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Extensive use of business intelligence software (eg Power BI)
• Willingness to travel and spend time solving practical problems with local teams as well as training field staff and enumerators
Should you be interested, apply here or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org