Our international client produces animal feed in over 50 countries worldwide. They have now taken further measures in their proactive growth strategy by building a new factory in Zambia.
As a GENERAL MANAGER you will lead the Zambia facility and the people to produce feed products as efficiently and as safely as possible while meeting all corporate and government guidelines.
Presenting a unique opportunity for a driven professional, this facility is currently under construction. It is envisioned the candidate will be engaged in late stage project management and commissioning of the facility, including recruitment of staff. Initial production capacity is set at 50,000 tonnes per year, with expansion to 100,000 tonnes anticipated thereafter.
• Competitive financial package determined by experience and value-addition
• Corporate vehicle
• Corporate health insurance
Responsibility / Duty
• Oversee production operations, including cost, productivity and processes improvement. Manage the facility to produce our products safely and as efficiently as possible while meeting guidelines.
• Oversee sales, financial & administrative functions, including cost, productivity and processes improvement.
• Human Resources: build and lead an effective and high calibre team. Set corporate culture by example. Oversee training and development and develop a future leadership pipeline.
• Work together with Sales Manager to develop smallholder and commercial distribution channels in Zambia and throughout the region
• Product Quality: manufacture products which conform to the product formula and all other requirements of the product design, i.e., fines, size, appearance, density, etc.
• Data analytics: provide accurate and timely financial, operational and market information HQ. Understand and act on the information reports generated.
• Safety: prevent (therefore eliminate) accidental injuries and reduce health exposures to extreme minimal levels through employee learning, safe behavior and the application of engineering principles to facilities, equipment and process design.
• Housekeeping and Appearance: ensure that plants and offices are positively representing company and meet all standards.
• Environmental & social: insure that the location complies with local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations and that the facility is exemplifying good neighbours within the community.
• Relocate to Siavonga town, Zambia
• Less than 10% travel
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, climbing ladders, lifting up to 25kgs
• Bachelors degree
• Previous management experience in Africa or similar operating environment
• Previous management experience in feed milling or other manufacturing environment is required
• 5+ years previous supervisory experience in feed milling or other manufacturing environment is required
• Effective leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organize multiple tasks and priorities
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Comfortable with use of computer systems such as Excel
• Previous management experience within Zambia
• Previous experience in feed sector
• Previous experience in extruded food products
• Feed mill management experience
• Experience in construction / projects
• Knowledge of labour relations and ability or organize and motivate staff
• Past performance shows highly developed leadership skills
• Proficient in using least cost formulation tools
• Maintenance or operations experience
• Animal nutrition experience
• Ability to administer and manage an effective and proactive EH&S program
The Senior Investment Manager will be primarily responsible for EFTA’s management of its African Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) programme and EFTA’s large loan portfolio. The AECF programme allows EFTA to bring meaningful impact to the country’s smallholders, a group usually out of EFTA’s core strategic targets. The location, lack of exposure to finance and weather risks of working with smallholders has prevented EFTA investing heavily in this key demographic. However, by working with buyers, EFTA is aiming to benefit over 3,000 smallholders through equipment lease financing.
Upon integration into the EFTA team, the Senior Investment Manager will be expected to gradually assume responsibility for EFTA’s core investment portfolio through the due diligence cycle from customer identification through to their approval by the Credit Committee. EFTA’s investment portfolio is predicted to approve USD 10 million in new customer loans in the coming twelve months, while the AECF is a significant programme, with investment earmarked at more than USD 2 million for smallholder agriculture in Tanzania.
The Senior Investment Manager will have a largely operational role, but will be expected to provide strategic impetus to EFTA’s pipeline management of customers who have applied to EFTA, as well as EFTA’s appraisal process by refining the technology and modelling being used to assess applicants to continue to build EFTA’s reputation as a first-class supplier of agricultural finance in East Africa.
• AECF pipeline generation: Developing a high quality pipeline of agri-businesses and outgrowers who could be potential beneficiaries of an agricultural outgrower loan. This will involve utilising or developing deep knowledge of the Tanzanian agricultural sector, including key actors, agri-businesses, equipment suppliers, and financial institutions;
• AECF due diligence: Managing the agricultural outgrower team on all aspects of investment appraisal, including development and review of investment appraisals, customer management, drafting of legal agreements and deal structuring;
• AECF portfolio monitoring: Overseeing the health of AECF investments, working with off-takers to ensure that all payments are maintained on a timely basis; and
• AECF donor reporting: Preparing and managing key donor reporting, including management and monitoring of budgets; as opportunities arise, obtain additional grant funding for key agricultural initiatives;
• Large loan pipeline generation and due diligence: Developing a high quality pipeline of agri-businesses for investment through the debt allocated to EFTA for large lease investments in agriculture;
• EFTA core customer sales generation: Liaising across EFTA’s branches to advise and monitor EFTA’s sales generation from enquiry to application. The Senior Investment Manager, working with the EFTA Marketing Manager and Branch Managers, will be expected to devise innovative means to oversee and incentivise EFTA’s sales team to locate the right quantity of quality of applicants for EFTA to achieve its goals;
• Due diligence of EFTA’s core customers: As the Senior Investment Manager becomes further embedded in the organisation and familiar with key processes and challenges, the Senior Investment Manager will maintain oversight of all of EFTA’s due diligence process. This will range from ensuring best practice at branch level upon initial appraisal through to management of branch achievement of their submission targets and final review of USD 500k + monthly appraisals before submission to the EFTA Credit Committee;
• Strategic development of EFTA’s customer appraisal: Initially contribute to and then lead the development of the digitalisation of EFTA’s due diligence to streamline processes; develop and refine sector specific appraisal models to ensure consistency among EFTA’s due diligence; lead field visits across Tanzania to assess EFTA’s appraisal process at ground level; and conduct sector and portfolio wide analyses to ensure appraisals and portfolio health are aligned.
• Experienced in investment appraisal, including cash flow modelling in Excel and credit risk analysis;
• Innovative, resilient and enthusiastic self-starter who is excited by the challenge of growing an agricultural lending program;
• Team-player, ability to meet deadlines, and create sound analyses in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment; and,
• Strong relevant experience in the private sector, blue-chip corporate background, management consulting or investment banking.
o Must have an undergraduate degree in finance or a related field
o MBA or other advanced degree a plus
o Five to seven years of experience in finance, investment analysis, management consulting or a related role, ideally with working knowledge of agricultural lending programs;
o Working knowledge of East Africa a plus
Reporting to: CEO, COO
"Iles de Paix" was founded 50 years ago by Dominique Pire (Nobel peace prize). The association facilitates rural development though the promotion of sustainable family farming.
• Defining IDP’s intervention strategies in Uganda.
• Coordinating the implementation of IDP’s programs in Uganda.
• Representing IDP and managing the human and material resources of the association in Uganda.
• University level in economy, agronomy or environmental studies.
• At least 8 years of professional experience in management of rural development programs oriented towards the promotion of sustainable family farming (though participatory methodologies)
• Fluent in French and English.
• Team management experience.
Full time and permanent contract.
Motivation in French.
Voor een van s' werelds grootste ICT dienstverlener o.a. gevestigd in Johannesburg Zuid Afrika, zijn wij op zoek naar ICT Klantenservice Medewerkers.
De werkzaamheden bestaan uit het effectief en klantvriendelijk afhandelen van vragen over computerproblemen van kantoormedewerkers van een Nederlandse bank. Momenteel is onze opdrachtgever op zoek naar medewerkers die zowel de Nederlandse als de Engelse taal zeer goed beheersen. Na een gedegen training ga je aan de slag op een van de projecten van onze opdrachtgever als Helpdesk Medewerker. Je doet relevante buitenlandse werkervaring op terwijl je woont in een van de mooiste landen ter wereld!
- Je bent serieus en houdt van avontuur
- Je bent klantgericht en beschikt over goede contactuele eigenschappen
- Je beheerst de Nederlandse taal uitstekend (schrijven en spreken)
- Je spreekt vloeiend Engels
- Je bent bereid om minimaal een jaar in Zuid-Afrika te wonen
- Je bent bij voorkeur direct beschikbaar
- Voor onze opdrachtgever, een wereldwijd opererende ICT-marktleider, die haar Servicedesk in Zuid-Afrika heeft gevestigd, zijn wij op - zoek naar kandidaten die vanuit Zuid-Afrika kantoormedewerkers telefonisch ondersteuning bieden bij het oplossen van hun computerproblemen.
- Een professionele werkomgeving bij een gerenommeerd bedrijf
- Een uitgebreid trainingsprogramma
- Werkvergunning wordt geregeld
- Je wordt geholpen met het vinden van huisvesting
- Retourticket wordt vergoed
- Marktconform salaris 10.700 Rand bruto (ca. 9.425 Rand netto)
Ben je geinteresseerd? Stuur je profiel in het Engels door via de knop 'I'm interested'.
Interested in global health and big systems change? Up for an entrepreneurial challenge and making things happen from within Ministries of Health? Believe that management and leadership are essential for lasting impact? Eager to apply your private sector experience to social problems? Join AMP Health for an exciting two years!
Background: An emerging consensus among global health leaders is that stronger health delivery systems are required to ensure preparedness against future epidemics like Ebola, to continue the fight against the top killers of children and mothers around the world, and to handle the growing burden of chronic, non-communicable diseases in low-and-middle-income countries. To strengthen health systems, governments need not only technical expertise, but also robust managerial and leadership skills, and a strategic understanding of the interplay between private and public sector roles.
Management Partner Role: AMP Health seeks highly capable leaders to join MoHs as Management Partners. Each MP will serve as a problem-solving partner to national and regional leaders on high priority initiatives related to strengthening a country’s community health system. Based within the MoH, the MP will work closely with the head of the community health department and will report to a senior official in the MoH as well as to the AMP Health team. Specific MP work will be determined in collaboration with MoHs but could include, for example, industry analysis, program design, strategic planning, financial modeling/investment cases, operations, organizational development, marketing strategy, and/or stakeholder management.
AMP Health believes in the power of strong leadership and management for systemic change. Accordingly, the MPs will benefit from personalized best-in-class leadership development training that will help them grow as leaders and effective change-makers within MoHs. MPs and their MoH counterparts will also participate in needs-based trainings and work closely with MPs from other countries and a network of local and global mentors from the public and private sectors. These events will serve as a collaborative platform to promote dialogue and best practices in leadership, management and community health systems strengthening.
Qualifications: This role will require motivation, flexibility, patience, and a business-minded attitude. The right candidates will balance their proven business skills and results-driven approach with creativity, savvy, and humility. MPs should have an entrepreneurial spirit as well as a passionate interest in – and commitment to – the strengthening of health systems in low-and-middle-income countries. It is expected that the desired candidate will have the following qualifications:
● Advanced degree in business management (MBA) or other relevant field preferred;
● Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing);
● 5+ years of private sector experience, preferably with a top-tier management consulting firm;
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to use qualitative and quantitative data;
● Ability to work under pressure, respond to deadlines, prioritize competing deliverables, and be productive while working both independently and as part of a team;
● Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a multi-stakeholder environment with varying levels of authority, experience in government and the NGO world would be an added advantage;
● Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, with experience in standard statistical or costing packages a plus;
● Positive attitude and sense of humor;
● Willingness and ability to live and work in a low-or-middle-income country for two years, with national and international travel up to 25% of the time; and
● African nationality preferred.
Benefits: The MP role offers a direct, meaningful, and high visibility path to public or private sector healthcare leadership, along with structured support from AMP Health’s partners and mentorship networks. This is an outstanding opportunity to drive dramatic health system improvements and strengthen leadership and management capacity within MoHs. The MP will be paid a competitive all-inclusive stipend.
Applications for the positions in Sierra Leone due by September 02nd, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; applying prior to the deadline is therefore strongly encouraged. Please note that the final round of interviews may take place in the host country.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of placement: Two years, with potential to extend.