andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is one of the &Beyond flagship properties in East Africa. The ideal candidate/s should be innovative people, who are driven by team work, positive solution focussed and development of people. They should be charasmatic with a passion for hospitality. Ideally we are looking for candidates with a strong knowledge of international hospitality standards and best practice. Furthermore they should be strong in working in a multi-cultural environment, and enjoy staff motivation and development. As it is a big lodge, based in the Ngorongoro Highlands, a good knowledge of maintenance is important. Conservation and sustainable development are a core element to Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and the ethos of the business. The ideal candidate/s would have a passion and interest in this area of work.
• Day to Day Management of the three Camps that comprise the Lodge.
• Working with both front of house teams – Camp Managers, Butlers, Housekeepers, Chefs and Back of House – Maintenance, Laundry and Workshop teams
• Support General Managers in financial management – with a focus on budget creation and management
• Assist with strategic relationships with the National Parks Authorities, Agents, Staff, Unions, Neighbours & Communities
• Assist in working with Regional Fleet & R&M Managers on developing and implementing projects maintenance and vehicle management plans
• Ensure implementation and project management of Ngorongoro Crater Lodge annual strategy
• Overall responsibility for implementing service and hospitality training plan at lodge, including
• Oversee and develop guest experiences
• Work with General Manager and Executive chef to ensure menu and food are aligned to lodge quality standards and food budgets are being met and monitored
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
• Work with General Manager in driving community development projects in conjunction with the Africa Foundation
• Work with Sustainability Manager on developing and implementing projects in conjunction with the company’s sustainability & Conservation strategy.
• Get involved and assist with &Beyond life activities, Staff delights, motivation
• At least 3 years Management Experience in a 5 star operation
Benefits – Accomodation, Moving Allowance, Medical Allowance, Travel Allowance
International and National Candidates welcome to apply
The Senior Investment Manager will be primarily responsible for EFTA’s management of its African Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) programme and EFTA’s large loan portfolio. The AECF programme allows EFTA to bring meaningful impact to the country’s smallholders, a group usually out of EFTA’s core strategic targets. The location, lack of exposure to finance and weather risks of working with smallholders has prevented EFTA investing heavily in this key demographic. However, by working with buyers, EFTA is aiming to benefit over 3,000 smallholders through equipment lease financing.
Upon integration into the EFTA team, the Senior Investment Manager will be expected to gradually assume responsibility for EFTA’s core investment portfolio through the due diligence cycle from customer identification through to their approval by the Credit Committee. EFTA’s investment portfolio is predicted to approve USD 10 million in new customer loans in the coming twelve months, while the AECF is a significant programme, with investment earmarked at more than USD 2 million for smallholder agriculture in Tanzania.
The Senior Investment Manager will have a largely operational role, but will be expected to provide strategic impetus to EFTA’s pipeline management of customers who have applied to EFTA, as well as EFTA’s appraisal process by refining the technology and modelling being used to assess applicants to continue to build EFTA’s reputation as a first-class supplier of agricultural finance in East Africa.
• AECF pipeline generation: Developing a high quality pipeline of agri-businesses and outgrowers who could be potential beneficiaries of an agricultural outgrower loan. This will involve utilising or developing deep knowledge of the Tanzanian agricultural sector, including key actors, agri-businesses, equipment suppliers, and financial institutions;
• AECF due diligence: Managing the agricultural outgrower team on all aspects of investment appraisal, including development and review of investment appraisals, customer management, drafting of legal agreements and deal structuring;
• AECF portfolio monitoring: Overseeing the health of AECF investments, working with off-takers to ensure that all payments are maintained on a timely basis; and
• AECF donor reporting: Preparing and managing key donor reporting, including management and monitoring of budgets; as opportunities arise, obtain additional grant funding for key agricultural initiatives;
• Large loan pipeline generation and due diligence: Developing a high quality pipeline of agri-businesses for investment through the debt allocated to EFTA for large lease investments in agriculture;
• EFTA core customer sales generation: Liaising across EFTA’s branches to advise and monitor EFTA’s sales generation from enquiry to application. The Senior Investment Manager, working with the EFTA Marketing Manager and Branch Managers, will be expected to devise innovative means to oversee and incentivise EFTA’s sales team to locate the right quantity of quality of applicants for EFTA to achieve its goals;
• Due diligence of EFTA’s core customers: As the Senior Investment Manager becomes further embedded in the organisation and familiar with key processes and challenges, the Senior Investment Manager will maintain oversight of all of EFTA’s due diligence process. This will range from ensuring best practice at branch level upon initial appraisal through to management of branch achievement of their submission targets and final review of USD 500k + monthly appraisals before submission to the EFTA Credit Committee;
• Strategic development of EFTA’s customer appraisal: Initially contribute to and then lead the development of the digitalisation of EFTA’s due diligence to streamline processes; develop and refine sector specific appraisal models to ensure consistency among EFTA’s due diligence; lead field visits across Tanzania to assess EFTA’s appraisal process at ground level; and conduct sector and portfolio wide analyses to ensure appraisals and portfolio health are aligned.
• Experienced in investment appraisal, including cash flow modelling in Excel and credit risk analysis;
• Innovative, resilient and enthusiastic self-starter who is excited by the challenge of growing an agricultural lending program;
• Team-player, ability to meet deadlines, and create sound analyses in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment; and,
• Strong relevant experience in the private sector, blue-chip corporate background, management consulting or investment banking.
o Must have an undergraduate degree in finance or a related field
o MBA or other advanced degree a plus
o Five to seven years of experience in finance, investment analysis, management consulting or a related role, ideally with working knowledge of agricultural lending programs;
o Working knowledge of East Africa a plus
Reporting to: CEO, COO
Outputs and Accountabilities
The role of the Internal Auditor is to provide strong support to the Senior Internal Auditor in carrying out the role of leading, directing, and co-ordinating the performance of audits.
The Internal Auditor will have responsibility in the following areas:
Manage & execute audits per approved annual IA plan:
• Prepare scoping letters for specific audit assignments and follow through with such audits based on the internal audit plan for the year and report findings for review.
• Assist in organizing and maintaining good audit working papers
• Provide periodic reports on the progress of ongoing audit projects to the Senior Internal Auditor
• Coach and mentor junior internal auditors in executing all audit projects.
• At all times comply with GIA Methodology in executing all audit projects.
Report & conduct follow up activities:
• Work together with the Senior Internal Auditor on designated assignments to meet the reporting requirements of both the local & group offices.
Conduct fraud investigations:
• At all times respond efficiently to management requests as may be within the GIA (Global Internal Audit) standards.
• Perform other duties as may be required by the Senior Internal Auditor depending upon the exigencies of the time.
• Observing and reporting on monthly physical stocktaking as well as conducting random stock count
• Conduct and report on quarterly surprise cash counts
A degree in Accounting
At least 12 – 24 months audit experience (preferably from an accounting or audit firm)
Partly qualified ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA
Familiar with information systems in general and application controls
Familiar with local corporate governance codes
Key Characteristics Required
Dynamic proactive individual
Good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills - both oral and written
Ability to handle conflict effectively
Exercise professional judgement objectively and independently
Creative and innovative
Ability to manage change and act as a change agent
Self-motivated, enthusiastic and is a self-starter
Ethical and honest
Ability to lead and work in a team
Good written and spoken Portuguese. English is an added advantage.
Attention to detail and quality outputs
Ability to withstand pressure of large workload within tight deadlines
Linum Consult's client is an international firm well established in Africa. They are urgently looking for a Site Technical Trainer for on-site personnel at a mine in Zambia.
Training the technical teams at the mine on mobile equipment maintenance activities
Setting up, organising and delivering regular training sessions to the customer, on an as-needed basis
Liaising between the OEM and the customer to ensure accurate training sessions are given
Delivering on-site assessments in order to map the mechanics’ competences
Where competency is lacking, devise training or coaching to improve the mechanics’ skill to a pre-determined level
Providing the best-fit solution for support and methodology
Making suggestions for any external resources, where necessary
5-10 years in a similar position
Degree from an established university in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject is essential
Background of working in the equipment distribution sector, preferably with mining companies
Strong experience of adult pedagogy is highly preferred
Strong communication skills in spoken and written English
Power Providers Tanzania is currently looking for an intern to assist our Business Development Manager with developing the Solar Water Pumping Business Segment.
About Power Providers (www.powerproviders.co.tz)
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over nine years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best-brand products and a well-established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. All employees at Power Providers strive to create a fun, hard-working, and results-oriented environment. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
Historically Power Providers has had a focus on the hospitality industry and institutions. Though we are already active in the agricultural industry we would like to increase our focus on this industry especially with regards to solar water pumping. Pumping water for irrigation using solar power can be a clean, reliable and cost-effective way to get water in area’s which are often not connected to the national grid.
As a business development intern you will be involved in all aspects of making this a flourishing business unit for Power Providers. Specific tasks include doing market research, developing the business case, looking for potential partners and developing a marketing strategy. You will be working from the Power Providers office in Arusha, Tanzania, however, there will also be substantial field work. As Power Providers is a growing company on a tight budget please note that you will often be using public transport and local guest-houses for the fieldwork.
Power Providers is looking for an intern with the following minimum qualifications:
- An (almost finished) Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Energy, Engineering, Business or a related field.
- Able to stay for a minimum period of 3 months (preferably 6 or 9 months)
- Ability to work in a structured and precise manner
- Ability to manage priorities and to work to deadlines
- Good spoken and written English
Applicants with below qualifications get bonus points:
- A (almost finished) master degree in the same field
- Interest and/or affinity with renewable energy
- Experience working/living/studying in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Any knowledge of Swahili
- Driver license and comfortable driving in developing countries
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- a very basic allowance can be discussed
- working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this position will be closed at the moment we have found a suitable candidate. We hope to have a candidate starting as soon as possible, yet, latest february 2017.
For a food processing company we are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. You will oversee all daily operations of the plant from procurement, production and delivery to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity as well as guarding the Fair Chain principles.
Their aim is to become cost leader within the Ethiopian context whilst reaching the highest possible quality levels that will enable us to compete in any global market of choice.
You will run the factory as a separate business unit on a cost price plus basis towards the sales organization in Addis and Amsterdam.
The production will need to move to a new to be built industrial facility soon. You will heading the team designing this western standard volume based facility based on best practices in the industry.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations using peechtree and /or an ERP system and clear SLA’s/Contracts with the sales departments in Addis and Amsterdam.
• Making sure the inventory is correct and registered. Full responsibility for green bean stock management keeping the beans in optimal conditions and secure.
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and improving on current quality standards
• Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results (minimal tolling fee, maximum quality, minimum lost, minimal downtime)
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
• Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
• Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
• Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
• Commit to plant safety procedures
• Managing ISO 9001, HACCP food safety, Organic and RFA certification audits and improvements
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
• Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
• Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
• You will have full P&L responsibility and based on a given sales forecast come up with the budget, tolling fee, staffing, production and investment plan.
• Enable the growth from current 10,000 kilo a month to 20.000 within the current facility through optimal routing, logistics and production processes.
• Built and manage the team needed to reach the output and quality targets.
• Develop and Implement a HR plan that supports the personal growth and skillset of the team based on external HR reviews, leading to a FairChain living wage plan and social programs for employees based on forecast profitability and performance.
• Overseeing of the building and installation of new production facilities and processing lines
• Implement and report on the manufacturing metrics in the Annex
• Full commitment to our FairChain principles
• Proven work experience as a plant manager preferably in in an international/ multicultural setting in both African and Western Countries
• Proven managerial experience with an hands on mentality , leading by example (no desk worker).
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
• Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
• Computer literacy
• Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
• Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
• BS degree in Business Management or related field
• Preferably with understanding of the industry
• Strong sensitivity for Ethiopian cultural context
• Excellent Business English; speaking/writing
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including the physical exercise of moving goods and equipment
• Willingness to live in Addis Ababa for 2-3 years
o Competitive financial package determined by experience and value-addition
o Corporate vehicle
o Corporate health insurance
Generator maintenance and servicing specialist contract position in Somalia. Candidates require a Degree in Engineering or relevant industry certification.
Salary: 2,5k USD pm + bonus + Benefits (Tax Free)
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant industry certification
Assignment: 1 year contract (Renewable)
● Comply with company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards
● Develop cost estimates for routine and non-routine work
● Provide technical support to the employees under supervision and manage resolution of complex problems
● Take corrective action to bring about required change and ensure contract requirements have been executed at a level above the specified standards
● Ensure processes and procedures are properly followed by employees under supervision and supervise day-to-day and long-range activities of Generator Technicians
● Develop process performance metrics, tracking, analysing and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, cost and business satisfaction
● Resolves conflict and provide open communication to relevant parties
● Set up / break down generators on site and repair generators by using tools and equipment
● Restore residual voltage to generator exciter field
● Document management
● Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant industry certification
● 5 years’ experience as a Generator Technician and 2 years’ supervisory experience in a similar role
● Must have experience with generator operation and maintenance and be familiar with the current methods and techniques of repair and maintenance of generators
● Experienced with diesel generators, diesel engines and electrical systems and knowledge of diesel fuel requirements
● Able to read and understand electrical schematics, diagrams, manuals and meters
● Computer literate
● Must be fluent in English (speak, read and write)
● Must be physically fit
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who do NOT meet the requirements of a specific position applied for, cannot be assured of a personal response, but we will keep your CV on file for future reference.